Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Step One- done!

We painted the nursery this weekend! OK, well, Zach and Dee painted and I helped... a little. But it's painted!! And I'm so excited to have started on the room. Here is a before picture. In case you didn't know, our house was full of neon colors when we moved in. This is one of the last rooms that we had not repainted... until now! We like to call this color DREAMSICLE.
A few things to note: That is the new valance that will be hanging in the nursery. Before, it was the only thing I could do in the room so I went ahead and hung it up. Can you blame me? I was excited. Second, see the teddy bear on all fours? I bought that at Sam's Club of all places and I LOVE it! It's made for little kids to "ride." I think it will be so much fun to watch our little girl with it. Third, please know that we do not always have random books everywhere. Our bookcase had to be emptied so we could move it out of the way when hurricane Ike was coming through our roof. The books have yet to make their way back into the bookcase. But I digress. Here's Zach applying the primer. That dreamsicle wasn't going to be easy to cover up without it!

Here's a picture I snapped of our bedding. I know, it's still in the packaging, but you can at least get the general idea of what we will be going for.

Now for the hard part! We bought several different shades of brown and aqua to make sure we got the right match.

At first Zach liked one brown and I liked another. But we did come to a final decision and we both love the way it turned out! Dee did all the cut ins. She has the steadiest hands known to man and makes it look so easy! Trust me, it's not!

Hey Zach, how excited are you to get that ugly dreamsicle color out of the nursery?

Here's proof I helped. The primer smell was very strong so I didn't help that day. But we bought a low odor paint and I did my Internet research on painting while pregnant and I figured I could help out with the color.

Here's the finished paint job! I need to take another picture with the blinds back up and the valance hung but that will have to wait until the weekend. I get home too late from work to have good daylight coming through the window.



Now we just have to shop for a chair rail and wait for our furniture to come in. This room will be a long process but I'm so glad we've begun!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

LOVE IT - it's perfect for your little girl...so happy you two are getting started on this, I know how excited you've been about it. OH - and I love the bear... :-)