It’s going to be a wild ride. We had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and our little girl gave us quite a scare. The appointment started off like normal... pee in a cup, check my blood pressure, are you feeling OK? Then the nurse decided to check for the baby's heartbeat. She got out her little machine, slapped the goop on my belly, and turned on the microphone. We heard a lot of static. The nurse moved the wand around like she was doing a maze on my stomach. More static. Zach and I kept exchanging worried glances. After about 3-4 minutes of nothing but static coming from the microphone, the nurse turned it off. "Is that normal," I asked, "not hearing the heartbeat at this stage?" The nurse replied, "Well, you’re 16 weeks so we should be able to hear it by now." Then she proceeded out the door to get the doctor.
My heart sank. Zach and I tried to keep thinking positively. Then my doctor returned and whisked us into the ultrasound room. Pants unbuttoned, more goop applied, wand on stomach, and there she was. Just like that. Her heart pounding away on the screen... it hadn’t skipped a beat! And everything was fine. Like Zach said, "She just wanted to have her picture taken!"
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so scary - my goodness...GREAT to hear a happy ending to that story though. She just wanted additional attention and I'm sure it was great to see her again. :-) You are all in my prayers everyday - we don't want anything to happen to that little girl - she has lots of people waiting on her to get here so we can spoil her rotten for her MOM! :-)
Oh boy...I hate it when that happens! I don't want to say it...but maybe she's just a bit dramatic already? :)
So glad your appt went well after that!
Post a Comment