If you didn’t know, the Yankees are coming to Houston to play the Astros in June. Yeah, yeah, the Red Sox are coming too, but that’s not important. This match up doesn’t happen very often because the Yanks are in the American League and the ‘Stros are in the National League. So… it’s a big deal. Anyway, the Astros expected tickets for this three game series to go fast. In anticipation, they made everyone enter a drawing in order to have the opportunity to purchase tickets (just like when the all-star game was here). What a crock. Of course all the ticket scalpers won the drawing and left nothing for the true fans. Tickets are on Stubhub starting at $75 for the nose bleed seats at Minute Maid… tickets that otherwise sell for $5 with a Coke can on a Tuesday night. Ugh! This is a dilemma for me. I love my Yankees. There’s just something about those boys in pinstripes… But on the other hand, Zach is, well, penny-conscious. So that leaves a very fine line between my love for the NYY and the amount he will let me pay to see them (you’re right…I’m penny-conscious, too but am willing to pay more than he is to see a game).
So I was watching E-Bay auctions all weekend trying to get a ‘deal’ on tickets but was outbid every time. Any you know how skeptical I am of E-Bay. The first and only time I won an auction was for a dart board. This dart board was going to MAKE our game room. I was so excited to win it and at the bargain price of only $30! And then, it came in the mail… in a box, straight from the catalog company, with the catalog that read “Everything $14.99.” I was RIPPED OFF! So oh, how I do hate E-Bay. But if I can get some decent tickets at a decent price, it might change my outlook. No luck yet.
So if anyone has the hookup, please please please let me know. At this rate, it’s going to be a long 4 months until the series actually starts!
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Working on it - check your email... =) Miss you much!
Post a Comment