Thursday, February 07, 2008

US - Mexico Game

As to be expected, the US vs. Mexico soccer game was loud, rowdy, and lots of fun! Despite bad refereeing and a poor defensive showing, the US team tied Mexico 2-2. Not the best end result but it could have been worse. The US extended its unbeaten streak against the Mexican National team on US soil. Although I would have called this an away game for sure. It was a sold out crowd of over 70,000 people with about 75% of the fans cheering for Mexico. Look at all the green shirts!

I really wanted to get my picture taken with a masked Mexican soccer fan. Believe me; I could have had my pick at them. But I just never wanted to interrupt their reveling.

We made sure to represent with our red, white, and blue!


2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am ashamed to say I didn't even know you were blogging!!! Congrats and welcome back - so proud of you and Rachel - keep them coming and I promise to keep checking things out!

Jill said...

Rachel is blogging again? I think I might faint :)