Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July weekend rundown

We had a great Fourth of July weekend...lots of pool time, plenty of movie watching, and hanging out with some of our best friends.

After the clouds subsided, Friday turned out to be a great day! We spent the afternoon at Casey’s testing out his new pool. Zach had given him the rundown on how to work all of the pool equipment last week so the pool was ready for us!

We headed home when it got dark because I wanted to see some fireworks. Being illegal in the city limits, we wouldn't have been able to see any from Casey's house. And since you can see the Sam Houston Race Track’s firework display from our front yard, we made a few cocktails and pulled out our lawn chairs for the show. When that ended, there were still lots of fireworks going on in the neighborhood so we knew we wouldn’t be able to get to sleep with the noise. So instead of going inside, we took a walk around the neighborhood to watch all the fireworks being set off. And since our camera has a 'fireworks' setting, we decided to test it out.




Saturday was the laziest of lazy days. Zach wasn’t feeling well after our late night in the neighborhood so we stayed on the couch, watched movies, and napped all day. I give two thumbs up to Vantage Point and a mixed review for Drillbit Taylor.

Then I joined a few of my best friends from high school at the bar to watch UFC. I'll admit that I haven't been as die hard of a UFC fan as I used to be but I still enjoy the fights! And I think that Jason and I might have been the only ones in the bar rooting for Rampage to pull off the win. I also think he got gypped on the decision--just my opinion.

Sunday was spent in Fairfield with the Thackers. They, too, have a new pool with probably the nicest water slide I’ve seen. Of course, I couldn’t leave without trying it out. So much fun! Our next pool might just have to have one of those...for our kids, of course! :)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You and your UFC obsession crack me up - glad you found someone to obsess with you. =) Love the fireworks setting - very nice!