Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Jeff!!

First of all a giant Happy Birthday to my big brother! We had a fun time yesterday at the Aeros game. You know when it comes to the Cooneys and sports, we love our New York teams. I’m not a big hockey fan but Jeff wanted to root on the Buffalo Sabres’ minor league hockey team, the Rochester Americans, against our hometown Houston Aeros. It was exciting being so close to the action and watching those guys slam each other into the glass. The end result---an almost buzzer beating goal by the Aeros to take the win in OT.


Moving along... I just thought I’d share another quick bus story. It was another first for me this morning. We were driving along Old Katy Road (because the HOV connector to I-10 is still not open) and we got PULLED OVER by HPD!! I couldn't believe it. We must have been speeding. The cop walked up to the bus and asked our driver to get out and bring her identification. Meanwhile, another bus pulled up and everyone started filing out of my bus and into the other one. I was one of 5 people that decided to stick it out with our original driver. After about 5 minutes, the bus driver got back in the bus, and we were on our way. Now here's the kicker...when we got downtown, we passed the other bus. How’s that for a lead foot?

1 comment:

ruthie said...

I am not a huge hockey fan either, but I swear it is the FUNNEST sport to watch live!!!