Monday, December 08, 2008

Baby update

I haven’t had a baby post in quite awhile so I thought I’d update. I’m now 21 weeks... more than half way there. I can’t believe it! The people that told me that pregnancy goes so fast and so slow all at the same time are so right!! All of my doctor appointments have been great so far. All tests are coming back with good results and I pray that this will continue (I go back in three weeks for the gestational diabetes test). Here are a few pics of our little girl at our anatomy ultrasound (taken at 18.5 weeks).

Below is a pic of her face. Her skin is still very transparent so what you see is her skull. Strange, I know.


Zach and I went this weekend to register for gifts at Babies R Us. I knew this would be stressful going into it so I did my best to prepare ahead of time. I read up on the brands to get, got GREAT suggestions from all of my mommy friends, and took my mom along for support. All of this helped a great deal and I felt like I was prepared enough while perusing the isles. However, after spending a little over 2 hours picking out all of the stuff that we'd need to get our baby's life off to a good start, we were all very tired and very hungry. I think the toughest thing overall was picking out the feeding necessities... bottles, nipples, breast pump accessories, etc. It was a bit overwhelming for me. But we scanned away and I’ll just have to do some research to make sure we got everything we need in this department. I just have one question... am I really supposed to pump breast milk while at work?? Don’t know if I’ll be comfortable with this one.

The name game has kind of taken a back seat. We have a list of about 20 names that we’ve put together and now we need to start eliminating the ones we don’t like as much. We’re also holding off on the nursery for now. We’re looking to get new carpet installed so once that happens we can move the furniture out of that bedroom and start painting and preparing. There’s a lot to do but for now I’m switching from baby mode into Christmas mode!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yea for registering - and I love her pictures!