Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Downton H-Town

For those of you who are out-of-towners or just non-downtowners here are some pics I took around my building on Friday (Just now getting around to loading them up). This is the Spindletop restaurant on top of the Hyatt Regency.

The Old Enron (or new Chevron) building had lots of windows not boarded up yet. You can see how the wind left the glass all jagged. Walking around downtown there is still glass in all of the sidewalk cracks. I can't imagine what it looked like before it was all swept up!

This is the skywalk from our building to our parking garage. Window damage and the carpets had to be ripped out.

Lastly, this is the view from my floor (28). The Wedge Tower is the brown building and had the most blown out windows of the buildings that I walked past. I didn't make it to see the Chase Tower.

I also didn't take any pictures of all the trees that were uprooted but there were plenty of them. Along with piles of branches and debris...just like everywhere else around town!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

This is CRAZY! I can't believe how bad the Spindletop looks...that makes me sad.