Thursday, April 24, 2008

Too much tequila

I can’t believe I forgot to mention this in my Buffett post... After the concert I saved a man’s life. OK, maybe not his life, but I definitely saved him from a broken face.

There were many drunk people in the crowd but this guys stood out. He was THAT guy stumbling over his feet and staring at girls’ chests with the “I’m going to vomit at any moment” look on his face. He was standing at the top of the stairs resting against the wall. Everyone was leaving the concert so there was a flood of people headed past him down the stairs. As we approached, he decided to go down the stairs right in front of us. At the top of the staircase, he took one step down. Then it was like slow motion. As he was taking his next step, he swayed left and swayed right and then swayed forward. I imagined him tumbling head first down the two flights of concrete stairs. It would NOT have been a pretty sight. So I quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him back to safety. I was a little perturbed at how drunk this man was, so all I managed to say was, “You’d better hold on to the handrail.”

Zach, the more caring person at this point, did ask him if he needed help getting down the stairs. I’m pretty sure the drunk man just gave a grunt and a head shake so we headed on our way. In the end, I’m not sure how that man got down the stairs (or home for that matter).

One last thing...

Happy Birthday to my dear husband, who turns 29 today!!

No comments: